Tuesday, January 10, 2006

In the Office...

I'm sitting here waiting on a client. I don't know if she has a case or not. Social Security says her claim was dismissed in November because she missed the deadline in appealing. Client says no she didn't miss the deadline and she has a letter she received from Social Security yesterday to prove it. I hope she's right. I met with her on one occasion and I believe she could be approved for benefits. I hope she's not late either. I have to leave for Peoria to do two cases this afternoon. They are back-to-back with two different judges. Not my favorite setting, but I'll do it.

Attorney Mike and I haven't been to the Office of Hearings and Appeals in quite awhile. I had to shake out my wool winter suit for the day. First time I've had it out this year. It doesn't look too bad, a little wrinkled, but that's okay. We're going to stop for lunch first, then head over to the hearing office to meet with our clients. Both of them should be approved today. After the hearing, we plan to do a little shopping at Sam's. It seems like it always rains when we go to Sam's Club and wouldn't you know, rain is predicted for this afternoon. Rats!

No comments: