Monday, August 29, 2005

The Weekend

The weekend is gone - seems it passes too quickly. I spent Friday evening stamping with the girlfriends, helping Dodie put together 50 cards. I went to breakfast with Mom, Aunt Madge and Dodie at the Friendly Cafe - it was sooo busy! Later in the day I went to Woodhull to scrap with Brooke and Marty - we worked until 11:00 p.m. I got 23 pages completed!

We went to church Sunday - good sermon from Pastor MJ. I spent the remainder of the day with my sorority. It was Beginning Day. We had lunch at "Coconuts" a restaurant in Monmouth, Illinois. It's sort of like a mini "Rainforest Cafe". The food is good, especially, the desserts - WOW!

I finally got a hold of Tommy and Joyce - they're in Shreveport, Louisiana waiting out Hurricane Katrina. All the Verizon lines were busy for hours... We've been watching all the coverage on the storm - hopefully New Orleans won't get hit that hard. Tommy said he would keep in touch and let us know how things are going.

No comments: