Wednesday, August 31, 2005

It's Wednesday!

I'm in the office this morning doing prep work for an upcoming hearing. Attorney Mike is out, so it's really quiet. I miss the chit-chat. I had breakfast with Sandy, Heather and Richard at the Grandview on Grand Avenue. Okay food, good company.

I spoke with Tommy late yesterday afternoon. Everything is fine in Shreveport. They went ahead and booked another week as they don't know when they'll be able to go home to Metairie. Mom and I invited them to bunk at our place if it looks like they won't be able to go into the city for several weeks. Might as well take some time off in Galesburg. I heard on the news that it might take 12 weeks to restore power to their area. That's a long time.

Tonight we'll be celebrating Aunt Ethel's birthday. She'll be 72! We're going to the Taco Hideout for dinner then back to our place for cake, ice cream and presents.

2 comments:

Cindy Andrews said...

I heart u too, baby! Hey! you're my only niece!

I must comment on the username - postalworker? What are you thinking Lara?

Cindy Andrews said...

Patty & Lynette,

Aunt Ethel loved her rose dish you got her for her birthday. It's such a beautiful pink!