Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas 2005

Wow! Christmas is over and I'm back to work - where did it all go? Christmas Eve was spent putting the finishing touches on the holiday. We all went to church that night for the candlelight service. So beautiful - the church was dark, we circled the santuary, candles were lit and we sang "Silent Night" - a perfect night for Christians.

On Christmas day we attended church, our regular Sunday routine. Friends and family came over and we celebrated by opening presents, eating great Mexican food and visiting! We spent time on the telephone and computer contacting all of those who could not be with us in Galesburg. Again, the day seemed to fly by. I finally wrapped things up about 10:00 p.m. and collapsed in front of the television.

Mom and I got up early to hit the stores for the early-after-Christmas-sales. I treated myself to a new coffee pot for the office. Mom ordered new china she's had her eye on for quite some time. It'll be the Thanksgiving china. It's called "Friendly Village" by Johnson Bros. It's done in a beautiful sepia medium, perfect autumn colorings.

We watched movies last night. I stopped at Family Video and picked out two shows, "Beauty Shop" and "Bewitched" It's been a long time since I've been in a video store. I noted a person is hard-pressed to find a VHS tape, nearly everything was available only on disc.

I'm in the office this morning, enjoying a cup of fresh brewed Innkeeper's coffee, Victorian Breakfast Blend. I came in to prepare for hearing in January. This coffee is great!

No comments: