Monday, December 19, 2005

Deep Freeze

It is so cold here in the Midwest! The temperature was zero this morning when I left for work. My car door creaked when I opened it - just frigid here in Galesburg. Brrrr!

We've been busy getting ready for Christmas. Mom and I have our shopping finished and nearly everything is wrapped and under the tree. I mailed out Tom, Joyce and Snow's package last Thrusday. It was sent priority, so they should receive it today...

Christopher came home Friday night - good to see him. He seems to get older with each visit home. His girlfriend Joanna is coming to our home on the 28th of December. I've been told it's her birthday. I'll have to bring out the singing birthday cake plate for her! I can't wait to meet her, I've heard so much about her. Christopher says she loves getting cards from us. He says she actually displays them on her coffee table in her dorm room. That's cool!

Lynette, Patrick and Lara are expected to arrive on Saturday. Lynette's going to drop off the kids and head for Chicago to see Jason and Sarah. Patty has to work Christmas, so she'll be taking a train to Chicago to meet up with Lynette on Monday. Plans are for them to arrive in Galesburg on Tuesday with Jason and Sarah. Gosh, I hope the weather is good. Let's all pray for good weather!

No comments: