Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Labor Day Weekend

The weekend is nearly over and I am dog-tired. We spent Friday getting all of Christopher's stuff rounded up for college. We've become regular's at Wal-Mart. They know us on a first name basis now. We caravaned up to Rock Island on Saturday for move in day at the dorm. I had hoped it would be a shorter day than last year, but no dice. We didn't leave there until after 5:00 and then I had the pleasure of going home and finding all the stuff that was forgotten, like the power cord to his computer... Anyway, I delivered all his stuff Sunday before Mom and I left for Wisconsin. We went to Spring Green to tour Frank Lloyd Wright's home, Taliesin. It was spectaular! What a view! It's built on a hill that overlooks the Wisconsin River and it's valleys. The house is magnificent, but in desperate need of restoration. The foundation is starting to crumble away, along with the rest of the house. The majority of the home is made of limestone, plaster and wood that is found locally. It is still a working school for architects. The students spend the summer in Wisconsin, and winter in Arizonia at Taliesin West. That's our next big road trip - they give tours of Taliesin West too. On Monday I did yard and housework. Need I say more?

No comments: